Our Easiest to Use Street Car!
The RTR Sprint 2 Sport is a fun, easy to drive and simple to maintain street car, featuring a belt-drive 4WD touring car for total control at all times. You will get blistering acceleration, high top speeds and pinpoint control with our specially designed D compound, treaded X-Pattern tyres, pre-mounted on officially licensed replicas of the famous Volk TE37 wheels. The chassis is factory assembled right out of the box, making the Sprint 2 Sport the quick and easy way to practice your mad racing skills. The RTR Sprint 2 Sport is a complete machine that looks and drives just like the real thing! The Sprint 2 Sport is now available fitted with the extra-cool Porsche 911 GT3 RS bodyshell for track-day good looks and awesome performance!
The Sprint 2 Sport is a rock solid car that includes almost everything you need, just add your own battery pack, charger, and AA batteries for the transmitter and you're ready to drive! Supplying the Sprint 2 in this form allows you to pick and choose the exact battery/charger setup you want, so you can be ready for full throttle racing or hours of car park fun! If you want to compete on a race track, all of the foundations are in place to tune your Sprint 2 SPport for fast lap times and good fun. Or, just drive it in the street with your racing buddies for fun. There's no better way to enjoy high-performance in a 4WD touring car. Get the RTR Sprint 2 Sport!
note: this kit is fitted with #3841 3mm offset and #3846 6mm offset TE37 Black 26mm wheels with #4790 X-Pattern D Compound
The Sprint 2 Sport is loaded with features:
- HPI Firebolt 15-turn motor
- HPI SC-15 reversing electronic speed control
- Extra-tough Sprint 2 components
- Fully adjustable suspension
- Belt-driven 4 wheel drive
- Race-proven suspension geometry
- Sealed gear differentials
- Flux-optimized gearing
- High quality electronics
Fully Tunable chassis and suspension The Sprint 2 Sport is the ideal club racer and is a great entry into RC racing fun! Its chassis is almost indestructible and easy to drive, the electronics and drivetrain are virtually maintenance- and worry-free, and it also has all the race tuning features you need for a good set up on almost every racetrack. A belt driven 4WD system guarantees smooth power transfer and high grip on a wide variety of paved surfaces. Plus, the race-proven suspension with oil filled shock absorbers offers racing features you wouldn't expect from a club-level touring car.
The stock settings right out of the box will give you great handling on almost every surface, and with the fully adjustable suspension you'll have control over all important settings including camber, toe-, ride height, Ackerman, springs and more – enough settings to fine-tune your car for low lap times! 8 rubber sealed ball bearings at the wheel axles and 6 more ball bearings at all other axles don't wear out like metal or plastic bushings and provide lower friction and more speed.
HPI Quality Electronics
The reliable and sturdy HPI TF-1 radio controls the RTR Sprint 2 Sport, giving you ultimate control in a realistically designed radio! The steering wheel design makes you feel as if you're actually driving the car, and the trigger-style throttle and brake controls provide you with finger-sensitive action when accelerating and stopping! The radio transmitter features interchangeable frequency crystals, servo reverse switches, a retractable aerial with sliding cover, easy access to radio adjustments and simple battery replacement.
Taking the signals from the transmitter, the HPI RF-1 receiver uses standard RC connectors to send your control signals to the SF-1 steering servo, which controls the steering, and the forward/reverse SC-15 speed controller, which handles the throttle, brake and reverse commands to the Firebolt 15-turn motor. You get long-range, reliable connections between your transmitter and car with the RF-1 and dependable control from the SF-1 and SC-15!
15-Turn Firebolt Motor Giving the RTR Sprint 2 Sport the ability to get around the track fast is a 15-turn motor, the HPI Firebolt! This fixed-endbell motor has the grunt and power to give the RTR Sprint 2 Sport plenty of acceleration and high top speeds! With standard ‘bullet' connectors, the Firebolt can work with any electronic speed controller or can be replaced by a faster motor to give you even more speed and torque.
Choose Your Own Battery and Charger The Sport versions of the Sprint 2 feature all the electronics necessary to get running, except the car battery and charger. This allows you to choose the right batteries for your purposes: get a handful of packs for car park bashing, or arm yourself with high-voltage racing packs for top-speed lap attacks! You can also gear yourself up with a simple peak charger or a computerized fast charger, it's your choice! Ask at your hobby shop dealer for the best battery and charger for your needs.
Standard Electronics Because all of the electronics are standard-size RC components with standardized connectors, any or all of the components can be upgraded at any time, or moved into a different RC vehicle in the future. The RTR Sprint 2 Sport will accept any standard 540-size brushed or brushless motor, plus any type of 6-cell 7.2v RC battery pack, of either stick pack or side-by-side design, will fit in the chassis.
Full Assembly Instructions and HPI RC Cars DVDLike all HPI cars and trucks, you get a full, in depth instruction manual with step-by-step instructions that allow you to easily disassemble and reassemble your buggy for maintenance and easy servicing. The information on the HPI RC Cars DVD provides a complete and detailed introduction to the fascinating world of HPI RC model cars and trucks. This DVD will show you all the basics, such as beginning driving techniques, how to install electronics and how to get the best performance from your HPI RC car. The HPI RC Car DVD is your personal RC car expert in a box!
SPRINT 2 SPORT FEATURES:
- Officially licensed Porsche 911 GT3 bodyshell, prepainted with flexible paint for durability
- Officially licensed Rays/Volk TE37 black wheels with offsets that fill out the wheel wells like full-size street racers
- D compound HPI X Pattern tyres have realistic looks and aggressive tread pattern for great performance
- Foam bumper protects the car from potentially damaging impacts
- Adjustable rear body posts allow you to mount a variety of different bodies without trimming or replacing the posts
- Fine tune your suspension with adjustable turnbuckles
- Complete set of ball bearings for a smooth and efficient drivetrain
- Oil-filled coil-over shock absorbers with specially chosen springs for great handling
- 2 degree and 3 degree rear hubs for additional tuning choices
- Durable injected moulded nylon main chassis
- Front and rear shock towers with optimized shock absorber and camber link positions for ideal suspension geometry
- Optional low profile front shock tower is included in the kit which allows the use of the full range of HPI bodies
- Droop screws allow you to "race tune" your suspension settings
- Precise bellcrank steering
- Reliable TF-1 radio super narrowband AM system
- Ready-to-Run chassis built to factory specs by the assembly experts at HPI
- Add your own battery pack (with standard RC plug), charger and 8 AA transmitter batteries
- Easy to change bodyshells, wheels and tyres for race tuning or to suit your taste
Also check out these Sprint 2 kits!
#104671 RTR Sprint 2 Sport with 1969 Chevrolet Camaro Body
#104821 RTR Sprint 2 Drift Sport with 2010 Chevrolet Camaro Body
#101556 RTR Sprint 2 Flux with Porsche 911 GT3 Body
#101553 - RTR Sprint 2 Sport with Porsche 911 GT3 BodyPre-Assembled 1/10th scale electric 4WD racing car with radio system, Firebolt 15-turn motor, SC-15 electronic speed control, painted bodyshell and detailed instruction manual. Battery pack and charger not included.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 8 AA batteries
- 7.2v battery with standard plug
- Battery charger
Specification may be subject to change