When you choose an HB product you can be confident that it has been refined and perfected by a team of world class racers competing at the highest level across the globe.
A consistent top racer in every off-road racing class he drives, and usually the winner, Ty Tessmann is one of the world’s fastest off-road racers! Whether he’s finishing on the podium at the Worlds, keeping hold of his US National title or winning top international races in Europe and North America, Ty and his “Team Tessmann”, which consists of dad Gord and mother Leann, are always one of the favorites to win any race they attend.
- Racing since : 2003
- Hometown : Medicine Hat, Alberta, Canada
- Hobbies : Downhill biking, fishing, camping, target-shooting guns, building my pre runner truck!
- Favorite RC event : The Thunder Alley/Proline Dual
- Favorite full-size car : ’67 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500
Andy has been involved in the RC car industry for over 20 years, racing in various classes from electric touring car and 1/12th scale right through to nitro off road. He has won numerous National and European championship on the way but his greatest success to date came in 2006 when he won the IFMAR Touring Car World Championship in Turin.
- Racing since : 1993
- Hometown : Derby, United Kingdom
- Hobbies : Music, travelling, watching F1 and Moto GP
- Favorite RC event : TITC in Thailand
- Favorite full-size car : McLaren P1
A multiple IFMAR World Champion and EFRA European Champion covering both major nitro on-road racing classes, Adrien Bertin also leads the development of CRF racing engines for Team Orion in addition to maintaining a busy racing schedule. Based in Switzerland, Adrien is present at every major nitro on and off-road race around the world, so he’s always on top of the latest trends in nitro racing and engine development – making him a highly valued member of Team HB!
- Racing since : 1988
- Hometown : Saint-Martin-en-Haut, France
- Hobbies : Too busy!
- Favorite RC event : The Neo
- Favorite full-size car : Subaru WRX STI
Teemu one of the most well-respected touring car racers in Europe, coming after a career that has led him to podium positions at the Worlds and several European Championships, a European Championship win and major victories at races such as the TITC, IIC and LRP Touring Car Masters. Teemu is also super-quick with a nitro car, earning a TQ at the 2012 Worlds with the HB R10 as well as racing the HB D812 in the European Championships.
- Racing since : 1992
- Hometown : Espoo, Finland
- Hobbies : Golf
- Favorite RC event : Any IFMAR World Championships
- Favorite full-size car : Audi R8
One of the most exciting racers in Asia and now competing all over the world, JJ Wang, a teenager with the will to win and the skills to match. The Chinese National Champion in 1/10th and 1/8th nitro on-road classes, JJ races the HB TCXX as well and represents HB / HPI with a goal to become a World Champion one day!
- Racing since : 2005
- Hometown : Shanghai, China
- Hobbies : Funny movies, F1 & baseball
- Favorite RC event : Byron Challenge
- Favorite full-size car : Ferrari F12 Berlinetta
Tanner has spent 10 years racing nitro off road and the past 4 years racing 1/10th scale off road. He continues to improve at the national level with all his HPI / HB vehicles. Watch out for Tanner at a major RC event near you in the future!
- Racing since : 2005
- Hometown : Chandler, Arizona USA
- Hobbies : Airsoft, paintball, real shooting sports
- Favorite RC event : ROAR 1/8 Offroad Fuel Nats
- Favorite full-size car : Ferrari 599xx