New from HPI Racing is a high performance update to the unassembled Savage SS monster truck, the Savage SS 4.6!The heart of the Savage SS 4.6 is a completely new 4.6cc (.28 cubic inch) engine that pumps out 2.9 horsepower for a top speed of 44 mph and enough power to do wheelies on command! The powerful K4.6 engine has an anodized billet aluminium head to keep it cool even during extreme off-road driving, true ABC construction using a long-life chromed sleeve, an all-new 8.5mm composite carburettor for high performance and improved high temperature tuning, and a pull starter for easy starting. The addition of our dual chamber polished aluminium tuned pipe provides a wide power band and higher top speed, optimized with revised 47/17 gearing. And, a new dual stage air filter with increased filtering capacity is included to help protect and extend the life of the K4.6 power plant. To handle the extreme power we’ve added heavy duty parts as standard equipment. Front and rear “4 gear” differentials with updated gears are included for added durability. The entire drivetrain is now equipped with heavy duty diff shafts and cup joints for strength and extended service intervals. High grip Dirt Bonz tyres put the power to the ground, and they’re nearly 40% lighter than our standard Savage tyres for quicker acceleration. To beef up the braking our dual disc brake kit is standard, featuring two vented stainless steel disc brakes and a machined steel brake hub. Even the steering has been upgraded to an accurate cam-type servo saver, delivering quick steering response and added servo protection.
Since the Savage SS 4.6 is an evolution of the original Savage SS, it includes the features that made the SS so popular. It’s in kit form, not preassembled, so experienced R/C modellers can have the pleasure and satisfaction of building it themselves. Kits also allows owners to build the kit to their exact specifications and customize the truck by adding any option parts such as our Reverse Module, anodized TVP and roll bar sets and Roto Start System during assembly. Since many drivers already have advanced radio systems that are perfect for the Savage SS 4.6, we don't include a radio, which helps lower the price so that we can add high performance hop-up parts and still keep the cost of the truck low. Simply put, kits are fun, convenient and price-conscious!
HPI bodyshells All HPI Savage bodies will fit perfectly on the Savage 4.6 chassis. The adjustable body posts can easily be set to the correct height for all bodyshells. All cutting lines and body post positions are marked on the bodyshell for a perfect fit. The enclosed pre-cut decal sheet gives it the realistic look! Clear bodyshells - Design your own custom paint scheme!
Pre-painted bodyshells - Unpack, clip on, get driving!
And, the Savage is one of the toughest R/C monster trucks ever! From the heavy duty TVP chassis design to the massive suspension arms, the Savage SS 4.6 is designed to be driven hard and survive the challenge. And all Savage trucks are supported with a huge assortment of available options parts from HPI and other aftermarket companies, so owners can customize their Savage exactly how they want it. Step up the speed, power and durability of a Savage SS 4.6! Nitro Star K4.6 EngineHigh torque, 2.9 horsepower engine that is reliable, easy to maintain and easy to tune. Billet aluminium head provides high efficiency cooling, composite carburettor for consistent performance, pull starter equipped for easy starting.
Savage SS 4.6 features: For Savage 4.6 highlights, see the Features Page.
Unassembled 1/8th Scale 4WD Savage SS 4.6 chassis with K4.6 engine
and clear bodyshell. Radio gear is not included.
Comes with detailed instructions manual and HPI RC Cars DVD.
Standard Savage features:
- Purple anodized, billet aluminium heatsink engine head
- Adjustable upper arms with thick steel turnbuckles
- Stiff shock springs
- Pre-trimmed unpainted Nitro GT-1 truck body with pre-cut decals
- Giant 1/8th scale (16.8" x 21")
- 44+ miles an hour!
- Full-time shaft driven four wheel drive
- Complete set of rubber sealed ball bearings
- High performance aluminium dual chamber tuned pipe
- Aluminium high flow tube rear exhaust header
- Cast aluminium heavy-duty engine mount
- Heavy-duty drivetrain and suspension optimized for big-block engines
- Hardened metal differential gears
- Heavy-duty chromed steel dogbones
- Adjustable 2 speed transmission with heavy-duty metal internal gears
- Adjustable slipper clutch
- Adjustable disc brake
- Wide-track suspension (nearly 17 inches wide!)
- Stainless steel inboard hinge pins with anodized aluminium braces
- 8 long stroke oil-filled coilover shock absorbers
- Rigid aluminium TVP chassis (Twin Vertical Plates)
- Large 160cc fuel tank
- Enclosed radio box for protection of electronics
- Front and rear skidplate bumpers
- Adjustable body posts (with an extra mount for SUV bodies)
- Compatible with T-Maxx bodies
- Compatible with T-Maxx wheels
- Compatible with T-Maxx tyres