Team HB HPI Racing is pleased to welcome 16 year old Tanner Stees from Chandler, Arizona to the HB HPI Racing Team family.
Tanner has been racing 1/8th scale Nitro Off Road for 9.5 years and has continually improved his performances at the National level. Additionally Tanner also competes in the 1/8th scale E-Buggy, Modified Electric 4WD and 2WD 1/10th scale Buggy classes.
RC Car Action Magazine listed Tanner as one of “The Future Stars of RC Racing” in the January 2012 issue. The RC community in general is also unanimous in predicting that Tanner has a bright future ahead of him and that he will rise to the top of the RC racing ranks.
For the 2014 season Tanner will be using the HB HPI Racing D812 1/8th scale Competition Buggy, the D8T 1/8th scale Competition Truggy and the D413 1/10th scale Competition 4WD Buggy.
Tanner is looking forward to a great 2014 race season and plans to improve upon his excellent results from 2013.
Check out the HB HPI Racing kits that Tanner will be racing in 2014:
Tanner’s RC Accomplishments:
- Attended the 110% Racing Tessmann Clinic.
- Nitro Challenge Pro Truggy B main qualifier and finisher, Pro Buggy E-Main.
- Cactus Classic Mod 2WD competitor.
- Nitro Challenge Phoenix, AZ, Pro Truggy B-Main - 9th place, Pro Buggy E-Main.
- Thunder by the Water Lake Havasu, AZ TQ/Champion Mod SCPro2, 2nd A-Main Pro Truggy, A-Main 3rd Pro Buggy.
- Silver State Nitro Challenge Las Vegas, NV Pro Truggy B-Main and D-Main in Buggy.
- Arizona Proline Indoor Champs, Phoenix, AZ Mod SC Pro2 7th in A-Main and 9th in A-Main Mod 2WD Buggy.
- ROAR Fuel Off-Road Nationals, Houston, TX finished 30th overall in Truggy and 34th overall in Buggy.
- Gas Champs Beaumont, CA 1/8 E-Buggy TQ and Champion and pro 1/8 A-Main.
- Top Notch Series Palm Desert, CA 1/8 E-Buggy 2nd A-Main and 1/8 Pro Buggy 4th A-Main.
- 8th Annual Toys For Tots, Palm Desert, CA, Pro Truggy; TQ/A-Main Champion,1/10 scale 2WD Mod Buggy; TQ/A-Main- Champion, Pro2 SC; A-Main 2nd Place, Expert Buggy.
- Battle at the Beach, Lake Havasu RC, Expert 1/8 Buggy; TQ/A-Main Champion, 1/8 Truggy; TQ/A-Main Champion, Pro 2 SC; TQ/A-Main Champion, 1/10 2WD Mod Buggy; A-Main Champion.
- 4th Annual Gas Champs, Thunder Alley; Pro Truggy A-Main 9th overall, Pro Buggy 6th C-Main.
- Thunder on the Water Lake Havasu, AZ Expert 1/8 Truggy Champion, Expert 1/8 Buggy 2nd overall A-Main, Pro2 SC 3rd A-Main.
- The Dirt Nitro Challenge 1/8 Pro Truggy B main finisher, Pro Buggy D-Main.
- 7th Annual Toys For Tots, Palm Desert, CA, Pro2 SC TQ and A-Main winner, A-Main finishes in Pro Buggy and Truggy.
- Battle at the Beach Lake Havasu RC 3rd place A-Main Pro Truggy, A-Main finish Pro Buggy, 4th place Pro2 SC A-Main.
- 3rd Annual Gas Champs, Beaumont, CA, 3rd A-Main Open Buggy, 5th A-Main Open Truggy.
- ROAR Region 10 race Ogden Utah, TQ and winner A-Main 1/8 buggy, TQ 1/8 and A-Main finisher 1/8 truggy.
- ROAR Off Road Fuel Nationals participant.
- KBRL Nitro Series Finals 7th Expert Buggy A-Main.
- Nitro Challenge B main finish in Expert Truggy- won and bumped from C-Main.
- Nitro Challenge Expert buggy E-Main.
- Dec Toys For Tots 1st Place SC Pro2.
- Nitro Pit Club Racers Series Overall Buggy Champion.
- ROAR Off-Road Fuel Nationals, Colorado Springs, CO, qualified 45th overall buggy and 41th overall truggy.
- AZ Championship Series 5th overall Expert Buggy, 4th overall Expert Truggy.
- Dirt Nitro Challenge, 2nd in Open Buggy, 2nd in Open Truggy (TQd 1 rd of truggy).
- Dirt Nitro Challenge qualified 27th overall in Expert Buggy, 3rd in C-Main).