PROJECT HPI TEAM FALKEN TIRE
Hpi Racing's latest colaboration with Team Falken Tire was creating a 1/10th scale lineup of Team Falken Tire liveried competition machines!
Click here to check out the full scale Team Falken Tire competition cars!
Parts used to create the 1/10th scale replicas:
The hpi bodies:
#17504 Ford Mustang GT-R
#17218 Nissan 350Z Greddy Twin Turbo Body (200mm) or #17518 Nissan 350Z Greddy Twin Turbo Body (200mm)
#7341 Nissan Silvia (190mm) or #17530 Nissan Silvia Body (200mm)
#17541 Porsche 911 GT3 RS (200mm) (soon to be released)
The hpi wheels are #3283 WORK XSA 02C Chrome/White (3mm offset) and #3284 WORK XSA 02C Chrome/White (6mm offset)
The hpi tires are #4425 FALKEN AZENIS RT615 T-Drift Tire
Plus the hpi #85612 GT Wing Set
Pactra RC252 Blue Streak, RC251 Sprint White
Faskolor #40000 Faswhite, #40002 Fasyellow, #40004 Fasblue, #40005 Fasgreen
- Use regular Pactra Laquer based paint for the blue as the Laquer based paints dries much better than water based paints.
- Shoot the blue first (alwys shoot darker colors first).
- This will ensure crisp/sharp lines when you peel off the masking to shoot the green.
Also tips for mixing the "Falken green":
1. Use Faswhite as a base and add in a few droplets of Fasgreen, mix/stir, then add in Fasblue, mix/stir, then add in Fasyellow, mix/stir.
2. Mix/stir/shake real well then dip a paint stick (small straw, Q-Tip etc.) and apply a small paint swatch on to a sheet of white paper.
3. Always take the mixed color out into the sun before spraying it as the color will look different indoors etc.
4. Faskolor always gets a tad darker when it dries.
5. Make sure it's well and truly dry before you continue to work on the body as water based paint takes a while to dry (hair drier, hot summer day).
6. After it dries, back with regular Pactra Laquer based paint for durability.
If you're planning to make several cars that will be displayed together always make a large batch of the green and shoot them at the same time.
Even using the best mixing techniques/measurements there is a good chance each batch of green will vary slightly.
Here are the Falken mask files (they are made to fit on the HPI 997, Mustang, S 15, Z, slightly tall sides and wide top on some, so just trim the extra). They are also a tad larger/taller than the 1:1 cars as maintaining the exact proportions of the stripes makes them look really noodly thin at 1/10th scale.
Native Adobe Illustrator CS3 File click here
PDF File click here
JPG File click here
Email click here your info if you'd like a mini Falken decal sheet!
The vinyl used:
The key is also having good backing transfer tape:
Team hpi Falken complete!
Use your arrow keys to move through the images.