2010 RCGT Showdown
So Cal RCGT fans, the RCGT Showdown is back for another round of action.
Classes: Expert and Sportsman
- Any 1/10th scale 4wd Touring Car chassis
- Body: Any realistic body. HPI and Tamiya bodies are preferred. No Protoform "race” bodies.
- Tires: HPI X-Pattern tires with the stock insert only.- Wheels: Any 26mm non-dish wheel.
- Motor: Any ROAR legal 17.5 BL or 27T brushed
- Expert: Any ESC available over the counter. No prototypes.
- Sportsman: We’ll be enforcing a controlled ESC environment. Tekin v203, Black Diamond, and LRP SXX-SS are not legal.
You may use the LRP SPX, Tekin v200, and older ESC’s.
- Battery: Any ROAR legal 7.4v lipo or 6-cell nimh.
- Weight: 1450 grams on all cars. The winner of each round will receive an addition 50 grams of weight for the remainder of the series.
This gives other racers a small handicap to win.
- Tech: A tech station will be established at each race to enforce the series rules.
Let’s all please demonstrate good sportsmanship and adhere to the rules above.
This is a hobby for all of us and fun should be our main priority.
Based on a 100 point system for mains only.
1st place = 100 points
2nd place = 99 points
3rd place = 98 points, etc.
Bonus points for:
- 1 bonus point for attendance
- 1 bonus point for TQ
- 1 bonus “style” point for 2 mounted body accessories, i.e. mirrors, wipers, exhaust, etc. No exceptions.
- Each racer will have 2 throw outs.
- Round 1 – March 13 – West Coast Raceway, La Mirada
- Round 2 – April 4 – Surf City Raceway, Huntington Beach
- Round 3 – April 18 – Hobbytown Corona, Corona
- Round 4 – May 22 – West Coast Raceway, La Mirada
- Round 5 – June 13 – Speedtech RC, San Gabriel
- Round 6 – TBA – Freedom Park, Camarillo, home of the Road Runners
Click here for the RCGT Showdown 2010 Forum Thread at RCTECH!
I would like to thank Steve Wang and Chris Lim for laying down some ground work earlier in the planning process. Due to family obligations, they are no longer assisting in the management of the series. Please direct ALL questions to email@example.com.
Let's race!!! Get those RCGT cars on the track and tuned up at a track near you.
Brought to you by: