Round #5 of the RC Drift Club Championship Series will be held right here on the premises of HPI Racing / Hot Bodies. – July 21st, 2007! Come join us for a fun and competitive day of drifting!
Plan for a full day, around 8AM to 6PM. Starting now WE WILL ENFORCE THE SCHEDULE! Please heed the following:
1. We will give all drivers ample time to get ready for competition.
During qualifying, drivers will be called out in groups. Make sure you know what group you are in, and when you are next to drive (group sheets will be posted next to the frequency board). Be sure to have your battery charged and installed, body mounted, and radio ready BEFORE your group is called.
2. During qualifying we will NOT wait for any lagging drivers or drivers who are not ready. If you are not ready by the time you are called, we will move to the next driver, and you will not get a chance to "make up" the laps you've missed. You will be given the minimum score of 20 points (Class-A will get 10 points) for that qualifying round.
3. During bracket battle, in the event of a crash or malfunction in equipment, drivers will have 3 minutes to attempt to resolve the situation, no exceptions. If after 3 minutes there is no timely solution, that driver will forfeit their bracket position and their competitor will advance.
4. Grip Attack and/or other special challenges are subject to cancellation without notice if we run out of time; therefore it is to everyone's benefit that all drivers stay on time and with the schedule.
For this round only, drivers may enter Class-S only, without having to be in Class-A or B also.
INFO ON GRIP ATTACK (Time permitting***) We plan to run a "grip attack" special challenge at the end of the day (after Class-S, before prize/raffle). The rules are similar to Class-S, but the following also apply:
1. Must run production slick or radial tires designed specifically for touring cars
2. No dish wheels allowed! You cannot run typical touring car racing solid dish wheels in grip attack.
3. There will be no drift zones; basically it's you against the stopwatch only.
4. All other vehicle requirements used in standard competition apply.
Signups should open on the evening of July 9th until the morning of July 16th. Remember it's first come, first serve, 20 spots per class maximum, priority goes to our regular drivers. If all 60 spots fill up by July 16th, there will be no "standby driver list."
Don't sign-up yet or pre-pay yet - those posts will get "automagik'd"
and anyone pre-paying early will be refunded.
Entry fee is $20 for Class B (novice), $25 for Class A (advanced). Class S is +$5 extra for your regular entry fee (no Class S entries only). So Class B drivers also entering Drift Attack will pay $25, Class A drivers also entering Drift Attack will pay $30.
Event Overview: http://www.rcdriftclub.com/content/view/61/131/
General Rules: http://www.rcdriftclub.com/content/view/68/138/
Scoring System: http://www.rcdriftclub.com/content/view/66/136/
Vehicle specifications: http://www.rcdriftclub.com/content/view/63/133/
Twin Battle: http://www.rcdriftclub.com/content/view/65/135/
Drift Attack: http://www.rcdriftclub.com/content/view/67/137/